CONSTITUENTS OF A WEBSITE DESIGN
Website Design Constituents and steps were discussed in the previous article which was here . There are various aspects of a good Website Design. In this article we will discuss the constituents of a webpage that perform the website design, the design stage and development of a website design.
CONSTITUENTS OF A WEBPAGE THAT PERFORM A WEBSITE DESIGN:
- The structure and content, HTML or XHTML
- Presentation with style sheets CSS.
- The design and integration by cutting images GIF, JPG, PNG, MNG.
- Navigation and data exchange via the HTTP protocol and the use of Web Service or AJAX.
- The animation in Flash or SVG, and more recently, with some CSS3 attributes (not yet formalised, which can cause compatibility problems with older browsers, or differences of interpretation between graphical browsers).
- The incorporation of multimedia.
- The dynamism in the content management server will be side with development languages like PHP, Java, ASP, operating with a web server.
DESIGN STAGES OF A WEBSITE DESIGN:
Basic design and sample pages
Starts with a design, usually in a photo editor. Website Design person creates one or more design options, in accordance with the terms of reference. The individual creates a home page website design and the design of standard pages (eg: articles, news, and product catalog). Actually “page Website Design” is a graphic file, layered pattern of the smallest image-layers of elements common pattern.
In this case, the designer should consider the limits of standard html (not to create a design which then cannot be realised using standard html). The exception is the Flash-design in Website Design using standard html.
Keep the following Website Design elements in mind:
- Flash use is a no-no in modern website design. Don’t use Flash- make your website design more search engine friendly by not using flash, to enable it to be indexed, enable disabled people to access the website and also make it more iPad friendly.
- You would need to gain visual unity of your website design through the design principles of contrast, proximity, repetition and alignment
- Take a holistic view of the design and ensure that it is visually organised into form and shape to form a unified whole. This impacts the cumulative perception.
- Arrange the elements to lead the consumer eye across the page and create that desired flow which makes it intuitive and easy for the user for a user friendly website design.
- Use white space optimally, use it to simplify the design and make it more visually appealing. It will make it look less cluttered and chaotic for a visually appealing website design.
- Create focal points through dominance through style, size, colour, shape and position for a visually appealing website design.
- Create a hierarchy of dominance to guide the user through the design.
- Try and create a symmetrical and asymmetrical balance for a best website design
- Use the colour scheme to achieve unity through contrast and repetition, help the user understand the overall message in the website design
HTML-coding for website design:
The approved design is expressed by html-coder, who “cuts” graphical image into separate images, which subsequently brings together the html-page. The result is a code that can be viewed using a browser. A typical page will then be used as a template.
In small studios, html-coding involves designers, who create the site layout.
Programming for website design:
Next, prepare HTML-files transmitted to the programmer. Site programming can be carried out “from scratch”, and on the basis of CMS – content management system.
The final stage in the development of website design is certainly testing:
Web site design should look proper in different browsers, especially in browsers such as -Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera.
Internet Explorer (version 6) has its own HTML-standards (echoes of the old struggle for leadership with Netscape). This outdated browser created many problems for web designers. Many developers have even offered to give up layout in IE 6, but the presence of the browser with the standard Windows XP, and therefore its presence in a number of user computers, presented a challenge forcing Web designers test their projects in it.
The testing process can include a wide variety of test page views with larger fonts, with different sizes of the browser, in the absence of Flash and many others. Detected errors are required then to be fixed or totally eliminated.
Project manager needs to closely monitor the project timing control.
Placing a site in Internet:
Site files are placed on the provider’s server and they make the necessary settings. At this stage the site is still closed to the public but just staged.
Filling the content and publication of the site:
This site is uploaded with content – text, images, downloads, etc. Sometimes the text or content is provided by the website designer, who involves specialist copy writers that can write persuasive copy, meant for the website. Sometimes content is provided by the involved person in charge of the customer project. This is decided at the stage of requirements specification. If the content is provided by the customer it would be stated in parallel with other phases of the project.
Internal SEO(on-page or on-site)-optimisation:
The internal seo optimization is related with modifications of the website. It starts by defining the semantic core. At this stage, you need to define few keywords that will attract the most interested visitors. Links, texts and other tags are adapted so that the search engines can easily with a success find their keywords.
External SEO(off-page or off-site)-optimisation:
Reduced, as a rule, to the construction of the structure of incoming links. This actually is promotion. By developing an external site SEO-optimisation is very relevant. Since SEO-optimisation is a kind of shamanism – it is like magic, is classified in the “white Hat” and “black Hat” – so, if you use “black Hat SEO” the site for two weeks gets to the top, and then a ban. True white SEO optimisation is a time consuming and lengthy process, it involves creating compelling and persuasive content, optimised, sharing it on social media networks. This is a natural process by which you will earn backlinks.
Ongoing Website Design Refresh, site maintenance, updates, optimisation is an ever ongoing process and is best outsourced to a professional who understands this space. SEO is not a one-time exercise.