Ecommerce Website Design Tips & Strategies
Here are ecommerce web design Watford tips that will enable you to create an ecommerce website that sells. Empty baskets and high bounce rates can dishearten a retailer and drain resources. These actionable and implementable tips are meant to help you get more traffic, keep it on your site, enable easy cross-selling and up-selling, and earn more profits.
Ecommerce web design Watford tips to make your site look good and sell more
- An easily visible and editable shopping cart is a must for your ecommerce web design Watford website. It allows shoppers to take in at a glance the items added and the costs accrued till that point. You may consider using a contrasting font and color combination to make the shopping cart easily visible. On checkout, the costs should add up correctly. The shopping cart should reflect the prices shown on the product page. Burdening customers with undeclared or hidden costs is the surest way to drive them away forever. And yes, make the checkout process as uncomplicated and smooth as possible.
- If your ecommerce web design Watford is to contribute to sales, it has to be constructed to foster customer engagement. Foster engagement through an intuitive design. Minimize frustration. An engaged customer should be able to share the contents of a page on social media. And he is more open to suggestions on further purchases. Engagement levels influence the rate of transactions. Engagements are influenced by ecommerce web design Watford ideas. Your web design should take into consideration human behavior.
- Your ecommerce web design Watford call to action should be direct and succinct. Indirect calls to action do not elicit the same response as direct ones. A “Buy Now” will get more clicks than “Go here to learn more” button.
- Save user information. Your ecommerce web design Watford implementation should allow your site to save information of logged in users. This facilitates a more intuitive user experience the next time a visitor logs in. Form-filling can be made progressive. Auto-complete features on search can throw up relevant results. It also furnishes you with information to provide a more customized experience.
- Does your ecommerce web design Watford incorporate social media logins? Because if it does, you are getting willing partners in your content marketing plan. Your prospects, when they share or like your page, spread the word for you and in doing so also provide you with data that will enable you to create bespoke marketing campaigns. Social media logins also facilitate reviews and these reviews send traffic when they show up on the SERPs.
- An ecommerce web design Watford enabled business has to be configured for tablets and smartphones. Mobile devices send huge streams of traffic to ecommerce sites; and the traffic converts handsomely. Unless your website is optimized for mobiles, you are going to lose valuable traffic. Ensure easy search and navigation to the desired page in not more than two clicks.
- what extent does your ecommerce web design Watford facilitate usability? If you want visitors to stay on your site and engage with the content then you need to ensure ease of use. Let consumers know at a glance whether the product is in stock or not. Don’t make them learn at the last moment, when they try to add it to the cart. Another aspect that is crucial from the usability, SEO, and marketing perspective is the use of images. Customers do not have the luxury of checking a product up-close. Images are the closest an online store can come to a real-world showroom in terms of handling a product. Properly named and tagged images serve a valuable purpose from the SEO perspective.
- Is your ecommerce web design Watford site designed to look clean? A cluttered or busy design is a turn-off. Intelligent use of space can help draw the visitor’s attention to the important elements of a page; such as the product, its price, the call to action, search bar, and testimonials.
- Incorporate nifty product overviews in your ecommerce web design Watford. The customer should be able to take these in at a glance. Images should expand with a mouse-over. Customer testimonials should be on the product page.
- An important ecommerce web design Watford tip is that customer service should be at the heart of your business model; this should reflect in the website’s design. In these days of competition, you have to do better than offer good customer service, strive to offer great service. What does this entail? It means easy access to information and a no-hassle exchange policy that can be implemented fast.
- To what extent does your ecommerce web design Watford support lead generation? As mentioned earlier, you need to enable easy access to social media. Your newsletter signup box should be easily visible and the process should be smooth. Ecommerce websites that gather visitor data can use it to send automated emails to prospects based on the preferences displayed during their visits.
- Incorporate fly-out menus. This is a great ecommerce web design Watford idea that will allow you to save space. Mega menus that open up on mouse-overs encourage a cleaner look and also foster easy navigation.
- Have you given SEO adequate thought when designing your ecommerce web design Watford online shopping store? Meta descriptions have to be in order. H1, H2, H3 tags have to be used with discretion. You have to ensure that the choice of keywords is relevant to the content on the page. The code should not contain any missing elements. Is the site optimized to attract footfalls from all the channels such as social media, search engines, and email referrals?
- Are the visitors in control of how they wish to shop? Apart from intuitive browsing, your ecommerce web design Watford ideas should ensure that the buyer feels in command. He should be able to browse through products according to his preference. Offer him the choice of comparing on cost, user reviews, most popular products, etc. Allow him to go back to previous searches with ease. Implementation of these ecommerce web design Watford tips will allow you to create an online business site that draws visitors, keeps them there, encourages purchases, and also repeat visits.
Ecommerce web design Watford tips – Sell more through increased conversions, For more information please Contact us today!
Ecommerce web design Watford tips - Sell more through increased conversionsEcommerce web design Watford is to contribute to sales, it has to be constructed to foster customer engagement. Foster engagement through an intuitive design. Minimize frustration. An engaged customer should be able to share the contents of a page on social mediaWritten by: Manny